Saturday, July 18, 2009

3rd Quilt

I was told by a friend who is married to a dentist that while Chad is in dental school, I will become really good at a hobby. Mine turned out to be quilting. It's an expensive hobby but it keeps my sanity. I find it to be therapeutic - it's funny how you can do a project that not only requires great patience but also requires blood, sweat, and tears, but yet somehow you still seem to love doing it. I literally put those 3 items into this one. Blood - it's funny how you can have a quilt full of pins but quickly forget about the pins and still handle it as though there aren't any and then you get poked with one and then you get mad about it when really, it's no surprise that you get poked. Sweat - well it's not a miracle that you just naturally sweat in Vegas even when you're not doing anything other than just sitting around. On top of the heat I mostly was sweating because I'd fear that I wouldn't be able to nicely finish a certain part on the quilt after seam-ripping the same seam a dozen times. Don't let anyone tell you that curves are easy to sew together. Well maybe they are but not when you have to match 5000 of them! Tears - again, the tears came when I would I have to seam rip the same seam more than a few times. I'm sure I could have left some of them the way they were but being the perfectionist I am, I couldn't leave it. Perfectionism and quilting do not mix!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the butterfly is georgeous. I admire you hard work and dedication.

Contributors