Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Anniversary To Us!


On June 2nd, 2004, Chad and I got married at the beautiful and unforgettable Salt Lake City Temple where we were sealed for all time and eternity. How time flies! It's very hard to believe we've been married for four years already! Although we had some trials while dating long distance and trying to make everything work to be together, things worked out... after all our hard work and look at where we are now babe! Our anniversary was on Monday but we are going to celebrate it this weekend.

Chad and I had the opportunity to get to know each other spiritually for 6 months before we physically met. Before I met him in person I knew he was the man I wanted to spend eternity with. I was really relieved when I met him in person for the first time that he looked as good as he did in his pictures because I knew he was "the one" and there was no turning back for me. We prayed and fasted to know if we should be together over a long period of time and each time we prayed or fasted, we knew that we were definitely supposed to marry each other. I don't think I felt the spirit that strong when praying for answers as I did when I asked Heavenly Father if Chad and I should get married. I was a little worried at first because he worried too much about what other people thought and I was completely opposite but it all worked out and we are both happy mediums now. It is a big step to marry someone from another country but we both knew in our hearts that we were supposed to be together and that's all that mattered to us. More importantly, we listened to the spirit and didn't let anything else get in the way.

Chad has been a real blessing to me and has helped me through so much. I had difficult trials I was scarred from before we met. He knew that I had a healing process ahead of me but was willing to take those things upon himself as well. He would take me by the hand and walk me patiently and lovingly through it all. He would sit down with me and discuss scriptures and valuable things he learned from his mission and every single time I would end up in tears feeling the spirit so strong. He has really taught me how to bring the Saviour into my life more and how to love Him to no end. Chad has such an amazing love for Christ and it has influenced me greatly. I truly did fall in love with Chad's spirit before I fell in love with the rest of him. He has been such a great husband and been so patient and kind with me. He is very thoughtful and always cares about how I'm feeling. He can never wait to get home from school to be with me and it makes me feel so loved. He always has a huge hug for me when he walks in the door and always looks like he's had the best day of his life because he's so happy to come home to me. It has been a great blessing to have him in my life. My family loves him so much and he's been a great influence to them. I can't wait to have children and bring them into our loving home and to raise them in a way that they will be fortified against evil as my blessing says. I love you so much Chad and I thank you for all the wonderful times you have given me and I look forward to many more to come. I'm so happy to be on this dental school adventure with you despite the complaining I do about it but I am getting better, right hun??

2 comments:

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

Congrats on 4 years you two! I love the wedding pictures...what a cute couple you guys make!

Jord said...

Wow, four years do go by fast. I'm glad we could be there for your wedding and so happy for you both to be happily married to each other.

Contributors