Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My First Haircut

A few weeks ago I gave my very first haircut to my brave husband. He insists I start cutting his hair from now because he refuses to pay $10 every month for someone else to do it. After all, we are paying for dental school so we are trying to lessen the quarter of a million buck debt we'll be in when he's done. He said that if his haircut doesn't work out then he will just buzz it all off... wow, is he ever getting tight with money!! Either that or he's very brave or just doesn't care what he looks like. I think it's a combination of all. Anyway, I was doing really good. The tough part was the blending. I was doing amazing until oops... I was so into what I was doing that I didn't realize I put a big gash in the part of his hair I had already so nicely cut. I was so busy making sure the blending was going good that I wasn't paying attention to the bottom part of the trimmer and all of a sudden there was a big beautiful bald gash. So I had to make the rest blend in and he basically only had about a centimeter of hair left on the bottom of his head by the time I blended in the gash with the rest of his head. We've been to Utah since then to see his family and none of them said anything so it must not look bad but it did have a chance to grow for a week before we went. Nobody at his school said anything except for a friend of his who saluted him because his hair was so short I guess it looked like an army cut but that's not necessarily indicative of a bad haircut. Oh well, his hair grows fast. Until next time!!! Here are some pics, you can decide for yourself how bad it is.
P.S. Thanks Brian, for giving me the great blending tips!!!

2 comments:

Teah said...

Hey Mandy, I found you. I think it is a pretty good job. Kevin cuts his own hair and Dylan's and that is a good thing because I don't think I could do half a good a job as you did. By the way my blog is teahbug.blogspot.com.

Allyssa said...

hehehe! i think you did a very nice job! now it's all grown out... looks like you get to try again soon:)

Contributors