Friday, January 30, 2009

I AM CURED!!!!!

For those who may not know, in 2007 I (Chad) was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. Basically the two upper chambers of my heart decided to beat whenever they wanted on their own. It had be going on for over a year but I just ignored it. At times, my heart would almost feel like jiggling jell-o. I never had any other symptoms, it just felt weird. So Mandy finally convinced me to go in. After being diagnosed, the Dr. went in through the veins in my legs up to my heart to check out the right side of my heart .... and he couldn't find where the extra signal was coming from. 2 months later the Dr. went in again to check out the left side of my heart. With radiowaves, the Dr. burnt around where the four veins from the lungs that dump into the heart. This causes scar tissue to form and thus blocks the wayward electrical signals that were stimulating my extra heart beats. The last surgery was in Aug. 2007 and I have finally gone in for my 1 year post-surgical follow-up and everything looked fanstastic. No abnormal heart beats at all. I guess I am cured. Just wanted to share the good news with everyone.

For those familiar with EKGs, this is pretty much what my heart rhythm looked like. There shouldn't be so many small humps between the large spikes. Below is what a normal heart rhythm should be on an EKG. Big difference huh? (or eh? for our canadian readers)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeaah!! you're cured! that would feel weird having a jello heart beat!! glad you don't have it anymore! Take care

Lyn said...

wow Chad! Glad you are cured - sounds serious and awful. Also, sounds like you are the husband of the year for your valentines plans. Hope you and Mandy are doing well and that we see you sometime soon!

lyn

Contributors