Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Junior High Dance

Our niece Sadie went to a junior high dance (in Alberta) and I had to take pics and post it because she looked so beautiful! She's almost all grown up now and is a beautiful young woman at the ripe age of 12! I remember just before I moved to Utah she was only in grade 3! I have a memory of her back then of dropping her off at school and going to the Calgary airport to move to Utah - watching her run from the car into the school with her cute little pigtails - knowing that I didn't get to be there while she grew up... it was a very sad day! I had the same kind of memory when I dropped her off at her junior high dance last month except this time she wasn't so little anymore - already at a height of 5'7"!! It wasn't quite as sad this time because I'll be with her soon. In case you didn't notice, I'm very attached to my niece. My sister (who is her mom) had problems raising her and so I stepped in and helped with Sadie (sometimes took over) so I really feel as though Sadie is a lot more than my niece because I was more like her mom through several years of her life. She is my baby (big baby) and Chad has really formed a bond with her also. She comes and stays with us for a month each summer - first in Utah and now in Vegas. She really likes Vegas because she thinks it's cool and also because it's close to California where we are taking her this summer for a week! She even has her own room at our place (but we do let other people stay in it)!
Sadie with a couple of her school buddies...

No comments:

Contributors