Friday, May 9, 2008

Kiwanis Festival

My niece Sadie went to a band competition called the Kiwanis Festival with her band in school. She plays the flute and is very good at it! She's from Rocky Mountain House and they competed with other schools from Red Deer and various towns from central Alberta. She did a trio where she placed 1st, a woodwind ensemble where she placed 2nd and then her band placed 1st. She's pretty good! And I brag too much about people but I enjoy it. It brought back memories from when I was in band in school where I played flute. I loved it so much that my parents put me in summer music college for 2 years! I learned to play the clarinet and loved it so much I went into competition for it. Probably some of the most intimidating moments in my life being the youngest player in the whole band (8) and playing in front of hundreds of people. I also had one of my most embarassing moments before we did a show but I won't get into that.
Here are some pics of Sadie during her 2 days of competition.
Her and some of her band members warming up...
The adjudicator sharing her advice...
Her band getting ready to play...

No comments:

Contributors