Thursday, February 21, 2008

Reiki

I did it! I have completed my certification in Reiki I & II. If you don't know what Reiki is, here is a brief definition - Reiki teachings state that there is a universal "life force" energy which can be accessed by practitioners to induce a healing effect. It is a form of spriritual practice used as therapy for the treatment of physical, emotional, and mental disease. It's a technique which they say will channel "healing energy". Energy flows through the palms to bring about healing. It is becoming increasingly popular with doctors for use on thier patients because they are seeing the amazing effects it's having. Energy healing has always been an interest to me and I love to help others in need of alternative therapy. The wonderful Reiki Master who has taught me her amazing talents learned from "the" Mrs. Takata and if you know the history of Reiki, you know that's a big deal - only because it's cool. So, I feel very honoured to have learned from her. She's interested in those she teaches Reiki to become Reiki Masters (sensei's) so I will hopefully do it this summer. That basically means I can teach and certify Reiki to others but with this being a "hobby", I'm not sure how far I'll go with it.
I've also attempted EFT which is Emotional Freedom Technique. It is a psychotherapeutic tool based on a theory that negative emotions are caused by disturbances in the body's energy field and that tapping on the meridians while thinking of a negative emotion alters the body's energy field, restoring it to "balance." I've tried it on myself and it works.
This isn't much of a "how we're doing" blog but I'm so excited about the amazing possibilities that Heavenly Father has created for us to discover and the ability He has given us to heal ourselves without using harmful medications (not all but definitely most). I am very grateful to have the knowledge to help myself and others and the thing that's neat is that anyone can do it!

1 comment:

Allyssa said...

That is very interesting! It was nice to see you guys at the white coat ceremony:)

Contributors