Wednesday, February 27, 2008

White Coat Ceremony

Chad had his White Coat Ceremony! The ceremony is a traditional formality when becoming a doctor. The dean, the chairman of the board of regents and the president of UNLV spoke along with other professors and presidents of different classes. It made me even more proud of Chad and helped me to realize his hard work. Chad's parents flew in from Utah and stayed with us for the weekend. After the ceremony his parents took us to an upscale buffet at the Paris and it was delish!




The dean speaking and the dental faculty.













Chad and his parents.













Getting his white coat...













...and his pin.













5 comments:

Ryan said...

Congratulations, Chad! Look at you, all grown up. It made me jealous that you get a white coat ceremony and I don't. At least I don't think I do. Maybe I have one at the end of my four years. Or maybe audiologists just aren't cool enough of doctors.

Why DO you have the ceremony before you're done with school, anyway?

Sorry about the stream-of-consciousness comment...You look great in your white coat.

Chad said...

It's just a rite of passage and induction into the Dr. world. We aren't doctors yet but they want to make us feel good and work hard because we are "student doctors" I guess and our teachers are now our colleagues. It may just be a reason to eat cookies and punch, who knows but its tradition.

Ryan said...

Gotcha. The ceremony IS a pretty sweet tradition. I'm all in favor of it -- maybe I'll tell my professors to hold one.

The Davies Family said...

Hey Chad, I just saw your link on Ryan's page..its Alexis Gustin..you know the hard knee'd girl from Junior High, now was it your nose or Ryan's or even Sam's that gave me that reputation? I can't remember. I it was you, well it looks like you healed just fine..hardly any scarring or permanent..wait, never mind.. Looks like you are doing pretty good for yourself..dental school..we live in a ward full of dental students. Good luck with school

Diana said...

Congrats. So are you nearly done? The graduate school thing for us is officially ending really, tomorrow when Jared completes his board exams! Yeah! Three long years in the waiting. I'm glad to have found out your blogging too! This will be great to keep tabs on you two cute cousins! Enjoy Vegas!
love ya, Diana & Fam

Contributors