Monday, September 8, 2008

Bonne Fete a moi!

In other words, happy birthday to me. I need to use my french whenever I think of it because I'm getting rusty at it. Anyway, last month, August 23rd, it was my birthday. It seemed like I got to celebrate my birthday for the whole month of August because of different places and people I got to see during that time. I got back from Canada on August 8th so I got to celebrate my birthday with family and friends in Canada and then with Chad when I got home and then again with Chad's family at the end of August!
I started feeling horrible from a cold when I got back from Canada but Chad was all dressed up and wanted to take me to a nice Hawaiian grill restaurant after he picked me up from the airport. I was rather slobbish looking and dressed in sweats but he had planned to go out so we did. It was a precursor to what was to come at home. Chad did it again. He is such a romantic guy. After dinner, I arrived home to a house full of balloons.

I followed the rose petal covered stairs and came to our bedroom which he had looking so nice. There were a dozen roses on my night table and gifts and rose petals on the bed.


He got me the book "Breaking Dawn", which I've read and all I can say is WOW! I love the "Twilight" series! He got me a gift certificate to my favourite store, Express Fashion, etc. He bought me my own key lime pie (which he later ate half of) and then he took great care of me until I got better - which lasted for more than a week! It gets very monotonous sitting on the couch and watching t.v. all day but I was too tired to even read. I got through most of the MonsterQuests (DVR is great!). I'm so grateful for my husband. He is my best friend.

1 comment:

Allyssa said...

Happy Belated Birthday! What a dreamy bedroom to come home to... I'm sure you guys had lots of fun.") We definitely should plan to get together sometime soon. Maybe we can do something this Friday nigt.

Contributors