Friday, September 12, 2008

San Diego, here we come!

I seem to be a little late when creating my blogs lately but, better late than never.
At the end of August, Chad, Sadie (my niece) and I went to San Diego with Chad's parents, Gary & Michelle and his aunt, uncle and cousin, Dwight, Sheri and Rachelle. We had week-long passes to Sea World, the Wild Animal Park, and the San Diego Zoo. We spent a day at each park... except for Sea World which was a major hit for us younger people so Chad, Sadie, Rachelle and I all went to that park on 2 separate occasions. We also spent the day at Oceanside's beach where we swam in the huge waves which knocked us around and filled our sinuses with salt water. I could taste the ocean for about 2 days after but it was fun body surfing. We stayed in a condo near Escondido which isn't too far from San Diego.


I love this picture!>>>

The first day, we went to Sea World. We all went on a ride called the Adventure of Atlantis and got soaked from head to toe! I don't have any pics of us looking like drowned rats but here are some pics of Sea World.













Chad and Sadie on another "soak-you" ride.

On the second day, we went to the Wild Animal Park. It was very neat to see the animals in thier natural habitats. It started out as a conservation for wild animals who are endangered and they turned it into a park where the public can go. They use the money from admissions for medical care, research, etc. I'm not a very big fan of seeing animals penned-up in a cage or a tank so it was nice to see that these animals had lots of room.






The third day, we went to the San Diego Zoo. There was a baby giraffe that had been born only a few weeks before we got there. He was so cute!
Here's a picture of Sadie and Rachelle... we're going over the zoo!

Here's Chad with the elephants... Chad got a little sun burned the day before. We played golf at the resort during the hottest part of the day and got "some" sun.

Sadie and I getting our feet massaged. We've been doing a lot of walking the past few days... it felt sooo good!

Oh, doesn't she make such a cute, little giraffe??

The fourth day, we went to Sea World again and the rest went and hung out at the beach, etc. Before we went to Sea World, we hung out at the beach with the adults for a little while... yes, I do still think of myself as a kid. I will never grow up.



The last day, we went to the beach at Oceanside. Sadie, Chad and I swam in the waves for an hour or so and Michelle joined us a while later. Chad, Sadie and I walked along the beach, in the waves for quite a ways. We had fun writing messages in the sand, laughing, making fun of each other, joking around and singing silly songs that we learned from Sea World. It was a nice end to a great trip! We can't wait to do it again!




2 comments:

keli b said...

looks like fun I love the ocean. Well it was so fun to see you guys on friday. it was say over due. well we need to do lunch or something fun soon. I'm always home.

Allyssa said...

i really enjoyed these pictures! especially the one with the whales. we all should plan a trip out there sometime. i haven't done all the san diego stuff for forever! looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Contributors